Friday, January 2, 2015

JAIPUR

Made it to Jaipur and to the first decent hotel of this trip!

We are staying at a very cute family run hotel that has lots of charm. I face painted Cynthia for her birthday and the owner of the hotel asked me to paint his daughter the next day. When I went over to his house he had bought a Christmas cake for me to cut for his family! It was super cute! I was their special guest on Christmas Day!

In Jaipur the first day we took some tuk tuks and went for an orientation walk around the town and the market.












Then we went to a movie theater to watch the Bollywood movie PK. Being in the movie theater was an Indian experience must. To start, the theater was gorgeous! Then, during the movie people would clap, whistle, and talk. In the middle we had a 15 mins intermission to go to the bathroom and go get some samosas! Haha how cool is that?
Also, everybody is invited! They had kids and babies... Some of them crying during the movie!!!!



After the movie we stopped for some lassi.... Crossing the streets in India is always a hazard but thank goodness our tour guide tries to stop traffic for us :-)


Finally, we went for a nice dinner at Sheeshaa, on the top floor of a restaurant, where we celebrated Cynthia's birthday with awesome food and even fireworks!!!! 


The next day was Christmas Day and we spent the morning visiting Amber Palace.
The place was huuuuge and beyond beautiful. My family got a taste of it since it was midnight in El Salvador and I face timed them!













There's Aleisha 




After visiting the amber palace we stopped by the water palace, Jal mahal, which can only be seen from the distance since nobody but government people can take a boat over there.
Got some Papadum... Yummm
I love street vendors!





We spent the afternoon around the main Jaipur market shopping for our Christmas' secret santa, getting ripped off, and enjoying the Indian life style!

I loved all the saree stores! Can't get enough of it!

And the hat store


Yummy street food





At night we went for Christmas dinner!







My Christmas dinner:a Thali plate :-) yumms 

The gifts:
Aura got a  Wedding garland; which the guys are supposed to wear on their wedding day while riding a horse (or something like that) 
Judith got an incense thingy
Cynthia got a little Indian bong
Daisy got a turban
I got henna and books so I started right there and then my henna artist career (on Aleisha- this wasn't the finish product)

We had a super fun Christmas dinner! Full of laughter and fun times!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment